to provide new energy; to stimulate; to make fresh again.
For many of us, the sacrifices, struggles and even the successes of professional baseball can take a toll on our personal lives off the field. One particular area of vulnerability that is often impacted the most is our relationship with our wives. The pressures and demands of the game, and life in general, create unique situations for the baseball couple that can often cause us to feel distressed, dull or discouraged.
Marriage Refresh is an opportunity we'd like to offer to those in the game or for those now out of the game in order to provide new life to your marriage that may have suffered under the weight of life in the professional baseball world.
How it works?
- Tom Roy would fly in to spend dinner with you and your wife the night before you three spend the next day together.
- You and your wife will spend up to a day discussing and talking through the current environment of your marriage and the expectations that each of you may have for one another. Tom will offer a third-party perspective throughout the day and will come alongside of you in an effort to provide a Biblical framework for helping you and your wife formulate a marriage plan with specific action points.
- Tom will then proceed to fly back home the next morning.
What it costs?
- It costs you nothing. No charge.
- We simply ask that you feed and house Tom during his time with you.
- (optional) If you desire, you may offer to provide for Tom's transportation costs by making a donation to UPI.
If interested in Marriage Refresh or if you'd like to find out more in order to see if this is right for you, please feel free to contact any of our UPI staff.
Request More Info
Tom Roy is the founder and president of UPI. Tom and his wife Carin have been married 44 years and have 2 daughters (Amy and Lindsay) and 6 grandchildren (Hannah, Luke, Faith, Tommy, Sam and Lainey). Tom has over 35 years of ministry experience with professional baseball families and has traveled all over the world serving men and women in the name of Christ. Tom is the author of 3 books; Released, Beyond Betrayal and Sandusky Bay.